Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Leather Satchel Company Review


Do you need a beautiful quality bag that goes with all of your outfits? Well, I've found it.

A 14" London tan leather satchel, it's perfect, made from such a luxurious smelling leather that even my dog came over from the other side of the garden just to get a better sniff.




The Leather Satchel Company london tan 14 inch with Yorkshire terrier Lottie under Table classic vintage style fashion

I'm currently a SAHM and I normally wouldn't spend this much money on a handbag, however I have now come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. A leather handbag well looked after will wear lovely and outlive all of my synthetic bags.

It was my birthday this month, so I decided to go for it, I bought myself this fantastic classic vintage style satchel with my birthday money. 
A massive thank you to all my family for contributing, it is greatly appreciated.

The leather satchel company is British and has been running since 1966. I had read several reviews claiming this company made their satchels to an excellent standard, so this is the main reason I purchased from them.
Buying directly from their website makes them cheaper, but also fully customisable. You can choose from their range of colours and also add extra details such as magnetic buckle clasps. Other extras could be adding a shoulder pad and getting your name or initials embossed on the front to give it even more of a personalised look.

The leather satchel company also offers a 5 year craftsmanship guarantee, so don't forget to register your satchel.

I am on a mission to find my capsule wardrobe items and I feel this satchel is an essential. It's such a classic design so can be kept for years to come.  it has a flawless finish and this leather will age well.
After doing the grocery shopping yesterday, it was pouring down with rain and I was so worried my new bag would get water spots on it.  to my surprise it wiped straight off and it looked as perfect as when I first pulled it from its packaging.

overall I am very impressed with the high quality and standard of this satchel, I have been searching eBay and vintage stores in Bath for a long time now, I almost gave up hope of finding one.

I have an old tan leather belt that I 'borrowed' long term from my mum, I think it's actually older than me.
with the mark of quality embossed on the inside of this beauty, I just get the feeling that if well looked after it will last for a very long time, just like that belt.
Who knows, If I ever have a daughter, maybe this is what she will be stealing from me in years to come.

 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
Have you got a satchel?  Don't forget to leave a comment with what colour you have and where yours is from. Also I especially love the customised ones, so if you have designed your own, please leave a link to your blog so I can see yours too.



Check out The Leather Satchel Company
 
 
 

I am not affiliated with any company and bought this satchel with my own money, these are my own opinions on the product.

4 comments:

  1. The color changes under sunshine or in photos so I haven't got what London Tan really look like. Sometimes it looks a bit too bright, sometimes it looks a little dark. Can you explain what it looks like? I'm looking for one that can carry my 12'5 laptop and a few books, I don't know if this bag can serve that function, or I need to extend the gusset? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for your comment, I would say the first image represents the colour best. In my opinion, it depends on how thick and heavy your books and laptop are. If you would be carrying heavier items it might be better to go for the extended gusset and a shoulder pad to help make it more comfortable. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's genuine leather satchel bag has over come this issue by shutting the case with a zipper along the part and permitting you use of the bag that is entire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your blog is providing just an amazing information.
    Here you Can Purchase leather satchel bag with the best amazing offer.

    ReplyDelete